The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This policy serves to inform you about the manner in which the The Reigate Marble Shop Ltd gathers and processes personal data. Our policy is fully in line with European GDPR law concerning personal data processing and protection.
The term “personal data” shall be taken to mean all information about an identified or identifiable person. We gather personal data of customers, suppliers, and other third parties for our business operations. In particular, we gather administrative data and contact information. This enables us to contact you or to do business with you. These personal data can be contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, among other information.
How do we obtain your personal data?
Your personal data can be gathered in many ways, such as:
Via the completion of a web form on our website
Via the conclusion of contracts
- Via communication by e-mail, letter, or telephone
We can obtain your personal data directly from you or via third parties. In case of the latter, we ask these third parties to confirm that the information has been lawfully obtained and that we have the right to use the data obtained from them.
We use and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of our business relationships (with customers and suppliers)
- Administration of personnel, intermediaries, and applicants/trainees
- Supply of information about our activities, events, products, services, special offers or newsletters related to our company.
If we must use/process data for purposes other than those specified above, we will contact you before using them so that you have the opportunity to refuse this use.
All personal data you communicate to us as an applicant/trainee will be used to evaluate your application or work placement request and to inform you of possible interesting job offers for you.
Legal basis for the processing
We can use your personal data:
on the basis of your consent for one or more processing purposes
- when the law obligates us to do so
- to the extent that this is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement that you have concluded with us or to take the necessary steps to reach an agreement
- To promote justified interests, to the extent that this outweighs your rights and interests.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We do not share your personal data with third parties, unless having received your prior consent for the purpose; we are obligated to do so within the scope of regulations or legal proceedings; or when we are asked to do so by legislative or judicial authorities.
Your explicit prior consent will be asked (“opt-in”) in the exceptional case that the The Reigate Marble Shop Ltd passes on personal data to organisations or companies with which it works together. This consent can be revoked at any time, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
How long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal data are retained and used
-as long as this is necessary to fulfil the statutory obligations, to settle disputes or to enforce our agreements
Guarantee regarding lawful and safe personal data processing
Your data are treated as strictly confidential.
The Reigate Marble Shop LTD has developed security measures that are adapted at the technical and organisational level to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or notification in error to third parties of personal data, as well as any other unauthorised processing of these data.
Your rights in respect of the processing of the personal data provided to us
You have always the right to:
- Gain access to, inspect and obtain information about the personal data processed by us.
- To have inaccurate, incomplete, inappropriate or outdated data corrected.
- To request the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- To restrict the processing of the personal data applicable to you.
- To lodge an objection against your personal data being processed or to revoke your consent granted earlier for a very specific processing of personal data. This right of objection only applies if there are sufficient justified and important reasons to do so. It is impossible to object to the processing of your personal data if this is necessary for the fulfilment of contractual and/or statutory obligations.
- To obtain the personal data provided to us and to transfer them to another party responsible for processing them.
You can always contact us to exercise the above-mentioned rights, or in the event of further questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data:
- By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org